Thursday, September 15, 2011

Family of Four!!


Wow, It has been nearly a year since I have blogged! Definitely need to work on making up those lost times. Since the last postings I have returned to the working world, which has its pros and cons. Cons: Being with Ry every waking moment, I sure miss my SAHM buddies, Thursday bible study, sleeping late, and not having a schedule! Pros: More $$ in our account, new friendships with some amazing women, and adult company/conversation for 8hrs! lol
So, the title of this blog is pretty self explanatory. Yes, we are expecting baby #2 on May 1st. We are totally excited and it happened right on time! I think if Garrett had his own way our kids would be 1yr apart! ha For my sanity 2-3 yrs is perfect!!
Telling our family was nerve racking for me, Garrett could not hold it in! Garrett went the day after I told him to a distant clothing store and bought a "Big Sister" shirt I found a few weekends before while shopping with my mom. Of course, I could not buy it while she was with me. The next 2 nights we had dinner with both sets and let Rylyn wear her shirt.  After telling all the family we had to make it facebook official for all the world to know. I wanted to hold off but Garrett is not a secret keeper and my mom was dying to tell.  Everyone is ecstatic!!! We are with out a doubt that Rylyn will be a great big sister. Every Sunday the nursery teachers tell us how motherly she is and she has always been so into caring for her baby doll "baby".
This whole experience is such a blessing. God is amazing and we are thankful he has blessed us with the opportunity to parent a child of his.


No comments: